Mosaic: The Art of Talent Leadership
Mosaic: The Art of Talent Leadership® — guides participants through every aspect of talent leadership and helps them understand why managing talent is so critical to organisational success. It’s designed to work right out of the box, and yet can be fully customized to connect with your unique business conditions and challenges.
PARTICIPANTS: Anyone who manages, supervises or leads people or teams.
THE SIMULATION: Working in small teams, participants explore a realistic case study that develops insights around talent acquisition and retention issues. They work together to understand the talent landscape in general, as well as in their own organization, and discover the talent management accountabilities that must be embraced by managers in successful organizations — attracting, retaining and transitioning employees. Robust guidebooks and takeaway tools help participants transfer lessons from the simulation to the job, creating bridges to real-life work situations.
After experiencing Mosaic, participants will:
- Understand workforce drivers behind the critical need for organizations to make talent development a priority
- Identify three areas of managerial accountability within talent development, as well as the roles and responsibilities associated with each of these accountabilities
- Recognize the need to embrace talent development as a critical leadership accountability, and explain the manager’s responsibility as a development of talent for the entire organization
- Identify why communicating and networking with other managers/leaders and functions are critical to fulfilling their roles as a talent developer
- Identify immediate personal action items that will begin to foster an environment focused on the proactive development of talent
USES: Mosaic can complement an existing leadership development curriculum or serve as a stand-alone program. It can be an essential component of your organization’s leadership development curriculum, energize your next management meeting, or be deployed to selective groups of managers who need assistance with talent acquisition and retention.
TIME FRAME: A full day program, incorporating 4-hour game session followed by 3-hours diagnosing talent management issues and developing a high level Action Plan to tackle major ones taking a short and longer term view. This program is fully customizable into a 2-day program to deal with specific Talent Management Issues and for more detailed action planning to meet specific outcomes.
Client Feedback – Mosaic: The Art of Talent Leadership®:
“We have used action learning and discovery learning tools and processes to guide many conversations. One such experience designed by Paradigm Learning, called Mosaic: The Art of Talent Leadership®, helped leaders discuss issues critical to the different stages of the employee experience. In just a few hours, our leaders worked in teams to dis cuss activists touching each stage of the employee experience – attracting, retaining and transitioning – based on their own business needs and experiences”
“At the beginning of the class, my knowledge of my role in talent leadership was 5.8 out of 10 and at the end of the class 8 out of 10.”
“We enjoyed the case study and the discovery learning method which enables easy understanding of the A.R.T. of talent management. We enjoyed learning how to create more ways to retain staff and to identify gaps and limitations in our own talent leadership. It was a good opportunity to communicate and relate with fellow colleagues during the interactive session.”
“We can apply what we learned today to retain and help the growth of our team, to interact and be more engaged with staff members, to practise the ART of talent leadership and to let go of staff when necessary.”
– (functional managers of a major 5* hotel In-house program after a 1-day training on the Art of Talent Leadership)